Impotence is the condition that affects the person’s ability in order to achieve or maintain the erection. It is the one form of the erectile dysfunction. There are numbers of the factors that are responsible for impotence like emotional and physical disorder.
Researchers show that 50% of the men at the age between 40 to 70 suffer from impotence problem. This is the common fact that impotence is less common in the educated person. Because they prefer to adopt the healthier lifestyle. Impotence has very bad effect on the sex life of the person. This also leads to the stress, depression, low self-esteem.
What are the causes of the impotence in men?
- Endocrine Diseases: the Endocrine system is responsible for producing the hormones that regulate the metabolism, sexual function, reproduction, mood etc. Diabetes is one of the common endocrine diseases that ultimately lead to the impotence problem. Diabetes is responsible for affecting the hormone insulin. The main damage of the diabetes disease is the nerve damage. This also affects the Penis sensations. The other problems that are associated with the diabetes are impaired blood flow and the hormonal levels. This also led to the impotence problem in men.
- Neurological and Nerve Disorders: There are several neurologic conditions that can affect the risk of the impotence. When there is the damage to the nerve condition, then it affects the brain‘s ability to affect the reproductive system of the men. Following are the neurological disorders that can lead to the impotence:\
- Parkinson’s disease
- brain or spinal tumors
- multiple sclerosis
- temporal lobe epilepsy
A person who undergone with the prostate gland surgery can also face the nerve damage, this also leads to the impotence problem. Long distance bicycle riders can also face the temporary impotence. Bicycle riding can put pressure on the buttocks and genitals that can affect the functionality of the nerves. This lead to the temporary impotence problem in men. You can also consult the best sexologist in India for the best impotence treatment in India.
- Taking Medications: There are numbers of the medicines that lead to the problem of the ED. It is advice that never stops taking medicines without the prescription of the doctor. Even if, this is the case of the impotence. There are some medicines that can lead to the problem of the impotence which is as follows:
- alpha-adrenergic blockers, including tamsulosin (Flomax)
- beta-blockers, such as carvedilol (Coreg) and metoprolol (Lopressor)
- cancer chemotherapy medications, such as cimetidine (Tagamet)
- central nervous system depressants, such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), and codeine (found in various brand-name drugs)
Cardiac-Related Conditions: Sometimes, there are some conditions that can affect the heart and person ability to pump blood. This can also create impotence problem in the men. As a result, there is not enough blood flow to the penis, this leads to the problem of the erection.
- Lifestyle Factors and Emotional Disorders: if there is any kind of the emotional disorder, then it will definitely lead to the problem of the impotence.